- I was frustrated over TARP in 2008. HATCH VOTED YES! I believed that vote under Bush (and I am a Republican) could eventually create the downfall of our economic system. I was trading the stock market that day and AIG was getting the $80 Billion bailout. I knew this was a direct violation of free-market principles, and I also understood history. Anytime a government tries to artificially manipulate the free-market system it either creates a deeper recession or depression, or complete collapse of an economy. It rarely if ever turns out good. That was a Pandora’s Box.
- I began looking into Hatch’s record. There is a website where you can see many of his votes that have been in direct violation with smaller government, or the constitution in and of itself. www.hatchrecord.com This is a page with accurate information.
- Medicare Part D was THE BIGGEST entitlement before Obamacare occurred in this country.
- NDAA 2012 is another huge violation of our civil liberties. (See post)
- SCHIP — bad legislation
- In May he voted against an amendment put forward by Senator Rand Paul that would STOP allowing the FDA to do armed raids against people who drink raw milk, and sell goat cheese without a warrant. Mike Lee, Rand Paul, and Mike Crapo (the guy who will be the finance chair from Idaho if Hatch does not return.) all voted in favor of this amendment. This amendment would have put back in place our 4th amendment rights that we are not to be improperly searched or seized without a written warrant from a judge.
- He has voted to raise the debt ceiling $7.6 Trillion dollars (almost 1/2 of our current national debt)
- He has been in office longer than a dictator.
- He is using the same tactics that got us into the mess to try to get us out. It won’t work.
- His son works as a lobbyist for a pharmaceutical company and much of his donation money comes from that industry.
- I’ve heard him publicly say the FDA deserves more money and more power.
- He approved Cass Sunstein as regulatory czar.
- He approved Ruth Bader Ginsberg to the supreme court.
- The Senate Finance Chair should not be someone who has been fiscally irresponsible over the last 36 years.
- Dan Liljenquist worked at Bain Capitol (Mitt Romney‘s company) and I’m sure he’ll get along just fine if he is the president.
- Hill AFB is not in danger. BRAC determines which bases close and which don’t. Hill is getting tons of money dumped into it right now, and we are building the NSA right here in Utah, so it will need close defense of that BILLION dollar building.
- Voted for the Federal Department of Education (and took away the ability for states to have control over education)
Gun rights are fundamental to our country’s liberty. We have the right to protect our property, and ourselves and the second amendment was put in place to keep governments from becoming too oppressive. Now our Congress is being made irrelevant with the continuing regulations put forward by the likes of Cass Sunstein to regulate our guns. Brian Aitken experienced first hand, how a government can use laws to put law-abiding citizens behind bars, and more. I think you should meet him.
Brian Aitken is coming to Park City, Utah on March 25. He will be at the Prospector at 6:00 p.m. for an event sponsored by members of The STAR Forum. This event is free and open to the public. Brian is bringing copies of The Law by Bastiat, and other free goodies from his new employer, The Foundation for Economic Education.
RSVP on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=199811843378383
Or on our meetup site here: http://www.meetup.com/TheSTARForum/events/16569951
Brian Aitken has a unique story from which we all can learn. After being arrested, he set himself on a path to discover liberty. He found himself at the Foundation for Economic Education started by Hazlitt, a student of Von Mises. His parental rights were stripped from him. He was later jailed by a judge who didn’t give all of the information to the jury, and then released by Governor Chris Christie. Now he fights to have his name cleared. Brian has been seen on Judge Napolitano’s Freedom Watch, Fox & Friends, and many other news stations. See our post earlier here.
The events of Brian’s life can benefit all of us if we choose to learn from him. This could have been you. Come and learn with us. Most of the problems we are now facing are economic, including our illegal immigration problem. It is time to have a strong grasp of the economic system we are currently in, understand the lies behind that system, and learn how an Austrian economic way of thinking helps our country prosper.
Through education, freedom can win!