Your thoughts on this? One of the 28 Principles of Liberty is # 25 “Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations entangling alliances with none.” This does not seem to fit does it.
(Hi 9.12ers! I get a lot of hits from the 9.12 website and I want to invite you to go to our first posts and see what we are all about. Just click on April in the box to the right and read. I invite you to go to the Recommended Reading Tab, and even the Audio tab. There are great resources here, please look around.)
WE TOOK FIRST PLACE FOR THE COMMUNITY CATEGORY!
The STAR Forum will have an entry in the Oakley, Utah, 4th of July Parade. Parade begins at 10:00 a.m. Our entry has a GIANT wooden-engraved Declaration of Independence. We will be giving away 400 pocket Constitutions, and coupons to purchase “The 5,000 Year Leap” for only $6.00 directly from The STAR Forum. (Regular price $19.95, shipping not included)
We will then be traveling to Henefer, UT for their 4th of July Parade at 2:00 p.m. Please join us for candy, constitutions, and freedom.
Please come and support The STAR Forum, and your country. This is a great way to have a TEA Party and show your support for Constitutional Principles, while celebrating the birth of this great nation.
Interested in starting a chapter of The STAR Forum in your area? Contact us for more information. It only requires 10 like-minded individuals and you are on your way.
The following principles are taken directly from the book “The 5,000 Year Leap.” This book is a very easy read, but one that should be pondered greatly. If you begin a new chapter of The S.T.A.R. Forum in your area, we will ship you 10 books for the cost of the books only. Please contact us with any questions.
- The only reliable basis for sound government and just human relations is Natural Law.
- A free people cannot survive under a republican constitution unless they remain virtuous and morally strong.
- The most promising method of securing a virtuous and morally stable people is to elect virtuous leaders.
- Without religion the government of a free people cannot be maintained.
- All things were created by God, therefore upon Him all mankind are equally dependent, and to Him they are equally responsible.
- All men are created equal.
- The proper role of government is to protect equal rights, not provide equal things.
- Men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights.
- To protect man’s rights, God has revealed certain principles of divine law.
- The God-given right to govern is vested in the sovereign authority of the whole people.
- The majority of the people may alter or abolish a government which has become tyrannical.
- The United States of America shall be a republic.
- A constitution should be structured to permanently protect the people from the human frailties of their rulers.
- Life and liberty are secure only so long as the right to property is secure.
- The highest level of prosperity occurs when there is a free-market economy and minimum of government regulations.
- The government should be separated into three branches – legislative, executive, and judicial.
- A system of checks and balances should be adopted to prevent the abuse of power.
- The unalienable rights of the people are most likely to be preserved if the principles of government are set forth in a written constitution.
- Only limited and carefully defined powers should be delegated to government, all others being retained in the people.
- Efficiency and dispatch require government to operate according to the will of the majority, but constitutional provisions must be made to protect the rights of the minority.
- Strong local self-government is the keystone to preserving human freedom.
- A free people should be governed by law and not by the whims of men.
- A free society cannot survive as a republic without a broad program of general education.
- A free people will not survive unless they stay strong.
- “Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations – entangling alliances with none.”
- The core unit which determines the strength of any society is the family; therefore, the government should foster and protect its integrity.
- The burden of debt is as destructive to freedom as subjugation by conquest.
- The United States has a manifest destiny to be an example and a blessing to the entire human race.
See the stirring video based on these principles HERE.
Read all 28 Principles of Liberty by clicking here.